Season 9 Shining Stars Program is full.
Season 10 registration will open in September 2017.
Angels in the Shining Stars program spend an hour each week working toward a two-act professional production, then take part in the weekly workshops and group activities, along with Super Stars participants. During the first hour, participants focus on the show’s blocking, choreography, solo and group songs, character work, and more. All AoS staff work together to nurture and support Angels in reaching individual potential and collective success. Social, emotional, and interpersonal skills are developed in the context of working together toward a professional show.
Later in the season, Angels shift to two-hour weekly rehearsals without small-group workshops. An intensive Tech Week just prior to the production dates requires four nights of rehearsals followed by three days of shows.
Shining Stars season runs October – April
Cost $550, includes:
- 19 weekly sessions/56 hours of direct service with special education, adaptations, behavior, theatre, and music professionals, plus additional support personnel
- Practice CD
- AoS t-shirt
- Show script
- Online access to choreography instructional videos
- Online access to AoS core group song lyrics
- Professional headshot photo and bio
- Shout Out in playbill
- Cast group photo
- Trophy at the end-of-the-season Red Carpet event
Shining Stars meet weekly at California Community Opportunities (CCO), 3315 Almaden Expressway, San Jose, 95118.
Performance location is The King’s Academy, 562 N. Britton Avenue
Important Dates for Season 9
- Registration opens September 1, 8:00pm
- Parent Orientation October 7
- Talent Day October 8
- Saturday Workshops begin October 22
- Performances April 21, 22, 23