Interactive workshops foster friendships and teach independence, confidence, self-esteem, communication, collaboration, and life skills in the context of performing arts experiences. This two-hour, Saturday morning program kicks off with welcome activities, announcements, and group song and dance, followed by small-group work. Each week, participants engage in three, 25-minute sessions, and return to the larger group for a musical closing and farewell. Super Stars will offer a variety performance of songs for families and friends at the end of the season.
Workshops are carefully tailored to provide a rich social, emotional, and theatrical experience with individual potential and specific needs in mind. A highly adaptive and committed staff of special education and theater professionals design and deliver workshops and collaborate weekly to ensure optimum growth and appropriate levels of support for each participant.
Super Stars season runs Saturdays, 10:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m., October- February.
Cost $400, includes:
- 13 weekly sessions/26 hours of direct service with special education, adaptations, behavior, theatre, and music professionals, plus additional support personnel
- Sing-a-long CD
- AoS t-shirt
- Practice C
- Show Script
- Online access to choreography instructional videos
- Online access to AoS core group song lyrics
- Professional headshot photo and bio
- Shout Out in printed program
- Cast group photo
- Costume pieces
- Trophy at the end-of-the-season Red Carpet event
NOTE NEW LOCATION
Super Stars meet weekly at California Community Opportunities, 22 Great Oaks Boulevard, San Jose, 95119.
Performance location is The King’s Academy, 562 N. Britton Avenue