AoS expands our reach into the wider Bay Area community through tailored performances, workshops, and other “a-la-carte” opportunities, delivered in partnership with an array of community-based organizations. Working with these partner organizations, AoS designs customized experiences that address specific objectives and/or provide performance opportunities that can change perceptions locally and beyond.
The AoS Illuminators are a key component of the Rising Stars Program
This group of Angels performs at various venues and events, such as schools, parks, community and corporate events, sharing the power of ILLUMINATED Abilities.
Space in the Illuminators group is limited to approximately 20 participants, who are selected through auditions. To be considered for the Illuminators, participant families must:
- Be willing and available to perform in at least 75% of Illuminator performances, for which there is often short notice;
- Provide standard costume elements (shirt, shoes, pants/skirt, etc.);
- Be able to participate with minimal group support;
- Be able to prepare for a performance with very little notice and little, if any, practice;
- Be able to handle a wide spectrum of performance spaces;
- Be enrolled in another AoS program (e.g., Super or Shining Stars).
The cost of this program is $100, plus simple “uniform”. Once enrolled in another AoS program, you will be invited to opt in to the Illuminators, pending audition.
AoS Collaborative Summer Session
Angels, Buddies, and Leadership Council together on stage!
In an effort to grow our Outreach Program, Rising Stars, AoS launched a new summer integrated program in 2016, consisting of Angels from the AoS Illuminators, Buddy Coaches and members of our Leadership Council.
The goals of this program were to:
- pilot a summer program
- bring together participants from three of AoS’ program in an integrated show
- provide a quality experience where participants can gain skills while enjoying the performing arts
- expand awareness to our Buddy Coach, Leadership Council and community networks