Angels in the Shining Stars program work each week working toward a two-act professional production, then take part in weekly workshops and group activities. Participants focus on the show’s blocking, choreography, solo and group songs, character work, and more. All AoS staff work together to nurture and support Angels in reaching individual potential and collective success. Social, emotional, and interpersonal skills are developed in through theatre-based activities and working together toward a professional show.
Later in the season, an intensive Tech Week just prior to the production dates requires four nights of rehearsals followed by three days of shows.
Shining Stars season runs October—April, 10:30am-12:45pm
- 20 weekly sessions with a full team of special education, adaptations, behavior, theatre, and music professionals, plus additional support personnel
- 4 nights of tech rehearsal
- 3 professional performances (Peter Pan Jr in Season 11)
- Practice CD
- AoS t-shirt
- Show script
- Online access to choreography instructional videos
- Online access to AoS core group song lyrics
- Professional headshot photo and bio
- Shout Out in playbill
- Cast group photo
- Trophy at the end-of-the-season Red Carpet event
*Scholarships and payment plans are available upon request